Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bike Ride

We have had pretty decent weather the last little bit and it has been fun to take the kids outside to enjoy it. We still have to bundle up a bit, but 50 degrees in March is better than snowing in March any day. Sunday we took the kids over to the park to play. The camera batteries died right after I took one picture, and it did not even turn out, but the kids had a blast and Nolan loves the slide.
On Monday we had not done much and the kids were getting antsy, so I asked Rylee if she wanted to go outside and ride her bike. She was so excited. I got both kids bundled up, and off we went. She did pretty well for her first time. She can pedal the bike, but she struggles to pedal the bike and watch where she is going. I was happy to see her get better in the 20 minutes we were out there practicing, hopefully by the time Summer rolls around she will be able to ride around with the other kids.
Nolan was a trooper while I was working with her. I would push him up ahead of us in the stroller and then run back and help her. He would climb up in the stroller so he could turn around and watch. The closer we would get to him the bigger his smile would get and the faster his arms would flap.
Sadly while we were out the sun disappeared behind a cloud and it got quite chilly, so we headed in a little sooner than I would have liked, but it was a fun and really got me excited for Spring and Summer.


0 comments: