Saturday, June 27, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday Rylee Nicole

2 days old

1st Birthday

2 Years Old in Hawaii

3 Year Old Portraits

The Best Big Sister

Who can believe our little peanut is three in a few hours. It does not seem like three years since we moved into our house and had Rylee, but wow! The joy that has been brought to us by Rylee over the last three years cannot be put into words, and we do cannot remember what life was like without her. Rylee is one of the most genuinely sweet kids I have ever met. When her friends are sad she goes and gives hugs, she is always concerned about their needs, and she always wants to play with them. She is really turning into a little girl and not even a toddler any more.
She is now singing a ton of songs and I love it. Her best is the ABC's, but she can also do "Twinkle, Twinkle," "I Am A Child of God," and "Take Me Out to the Ball Game." She really enjoys playing with her friends, calling people on the phone (thanks to all those who talk to her), and of course going to "My-Gym!"
She is an amazing big sister! Just tonight Nolan was crying to sleep and from her room I hear her yell, "It's ok No-No, I sing to you. A B C D.....," and yes I did cry! She loves to give him bottles, help me feed him food, play toys with him, tickle him, and she is the best at making him laugh.
We are still mastering the big girl potty, as long as she is paying attention she is fine, we just get a little excited sometimes still! She is now going by herself, so I have to remember to leave the doors cracked these days versus making sure they are locked!
She and Matt have an incredible relationship and are seriously best friends. They come up with the silliest games, the newest is burying each other in the junk mail (like burying in leaves). They love to golf together, tickle, watch any sport, sing songs, play soccer in the entry way, make up goal celebrations - she will be the first U-6 player to do a corner flag dance -, and get the mail every night. Her bed time routine has been the same her whole life. After songs Matt will always ask her what she wants to dream about. The first thing is always "play blocks, play monster, rarrrr!" The second thing is different every night, but "seeing Jake, Pete and Hona" or "ride in the golf cart" are frequent things. Then the final thing is always "the Cowboys win the Super Bowl!" The two of them have a special bedtime hand shake -- she will not go to sleep unless she gets her "bones, knuckles and wiggle, wiggle, wiggle!" Bedtime has always been a very special time for the two of them.
Rylee can drive me completely nuts one minute and have me laughing the next, probably has something to do with being 3 or that the two of us are just so similar already. She and I have a great time together, I love her so much. I like to think of her as my side-kick, and I hope we can always have this close of a relationship. Her smile brightens my day every time I see it. I love putting her down for her nap every day, but I love it even more when she wakes up. I will admit I am excited for her to start Pre-School this year, but at the same time I am a bit sad. Rylee thank you for brightening my life every single day and making me see what truly is important in life.

3 comments:

gmakatz said...

Beautifully said, Krissa. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts of love and parenthood. Even though their routines are different, I see the special relationship of Rick and the kids (especially at bedtime) that Matt has with yours. Those memories warm me through and through. Rylee has blessed our lives beyond expression. Can't wait to see you soon. Love ya, Rye. Happy Birthday!

Kari said...

Moms have such a special way of seeing the world. I read this blog and got all emotional just remembering the special moments with my own children that flash by to remind me how blessed I am to be a mother. Tbanks, Krissa, for saything this in such a beautiful way. Your words opened a door into my own vault of memories.

Katie Hodgkiss said...

Your kids have grown so much since last time I saw them. I hope all is going well. This post makes me very excited to be a mom.