Thursday, June 04, 2009

Big Sister/Big Helper


Lately we have really been able to notice a special bond between Rylee and Nolan, I know it sounds funny but it true. Every time she walks past him he lights up, she can make him laugh harder than anyone, and they are even starting to play with toys together. Today she was a bigger helper than even I realized! We were trying to get ready to run a few errands and I was in the kitchen packing the diaper bag while Rylee and Nolan were in the family room. Nolan was giggling and laughing as was Rylee, so I did not want to interrupt, so I kept gathering the diaper bag. They were alone in the room, where I can see them, for less than 2 minutes, when all the sudden Rylee starts asking for help with Nolan's snaps! I was a little confused, so I walked over to investigate a bit closer. Well, she had changed his diaper. Seriously. She had unsnapped his romper, taken the old diaper off (luckily just wet), and put a new diaper on - a little cock-eyed, but pretty good. She was just struggling with getting his romper snapped back up. She looked at me and said, "Mom, Nolan is ready to go!" I thanked her and then tried to explain how great she did but get the point across that only Mom and Dad change diapers! She is such a nut!

3 comments:

gmakatz said...

I LOVE this picture!!!! (and I can't believe how big Nolan is getting.)

--Heather-- said...

What a big girl... she loves that boy!

Erica said...

WOW, a diaper change! Pretty soon you'll be able to sit back and watch Rye do all the work!