Wednesday, June 08, 2011

The Zoo

Okay, so I need to find Summer school or something, because this little girl always wants to be doing something. A great back yard, a bedroom full of toys, and a toy room are just not enough it seems like, this girl wants to be on the go at all times. Every night before she goes to sleep she asks me where are we going tomorrow, and if I tell her we are just hanging out, she will tell me of somewhere we can go instead of just staying home. So, last week she suggested we go to the zoo because it was sunny, so we did. The two of them walked the entire time and I didn't even take a stroller, it was such a nice change. We had a great time exploring, except Nolan was scared most of the time of the new exhibit. Throughout the park they have robotic dinosaurs and Nolan was terrified of them, and would not walk past them. He would see one and make me carry him, and then as soon as it was out of his sight he would walk and act as though nothing had happened. We are loving the warm weather finally and hoping to do lots more fun things this Summer.




3 comments:

R.D.S said...

We went to the zoo in Seattle last week. They have a similar exhibit and Asher was scared as well. I am a mean parent and continued to take him up to them and would just laugh. I'm sure I have scared him for life...

Trace Gibson said...

OMGosh, it just gets worse! EVERY STINKIN' DAY Kennedy whines about "where are we going to go," & "what are we going to do that's fun for ME???" It drives me a little crazy. At least they get us out of the house, right? Man, I miss Hogle Zoo (or however you spell it!)

gmakatz said...

Sorry to have to be the one to point this out, Krissa, but I think Miss Rylee comes by the "where are we going" thing naturally. (And I don't mean from her daddy.....) :o)