Monday, November 23, 2009

St. Augustine with The Murphys

I was looking through our pictures and I realized I had not blogged about our trip to see the Murphys. Matt's cousin Johnny and his family drove down from Atlanta and met us in St. Augustine to play for a few days. We stayed at a great condo right on the beach and the kids played and played. Matt and Johnny got to play golf together, Angel and I got to catch up and hang out, and the kids got to know each other. Rylee and Jax are a month apart and had so much fun together. The entire trip Rylee called Jax "buddy" and Jax called Rylee "cousin!" All the time we would hear, "Cousin, come here," followed by "Okay, Buddy!" The older girls were sweet and took good care of Rylee and even let her play with their toys.
Sunday afternoon we went down to the Castille de San Marcos, a really old fort, and the kids had a great time exploring. I had a fun time reading all the historical facts, but it was hard as Rylee was trying to shoot me with a canon or lean too far over the edge.
We were sad that our trip together was only a few days, but it was a great time.

Rylee and Mommy

Rylee shooting Mommy

Rylee and Jax looking over the edge

Rylee posing on the cannon

Eva and Rylee

Rylee and Jax

Rylee and Maya

The Entire Group

2 comments:

Erin said...

My kids are about the same age as yours. Noah turned 3 in October and Asher will be 10 months this week. I call Asher my little faith builder. He's got a nerve injury on his right arm and he has trouble gaining weight. He made me feel like a first time mom all over again. :) We live in PA and my husband is in grad school for art, he does ceramics and wants to teach. My husbands family is from Utah (St. George) and that's where we lived for the first 4 years of our marriage. I'm excited because we will be visiting for Christmas. I stay home with my kiddos, I'm kind of an emergency preparedness geek, and am a big fan of getting things for a good deal:). Anyway, that's probably more than you wanted to know. What about you? Tell me if you don't mind. You can email me if you want to or through the blog is fine. erincpapa@gmail.com

gmakatz said...

I love the pics, but feel like a dummy. Group pic...I kept scanning...where's Nolan??? DUH! He was in Texas with US!!!!! Lol.