Monday, March 03, 2008

A Long Weekend

Rylee and I took our first of three trips for the month this last weekend. On Thursday we loaded up and went to the airport to catch a 10:30 flight to Nashville, TN for a soccer tournament. It was going to be perfect I had it lined up so nap time would be during our 3 1/2 hour flight, but Delta had different plans. Our plane that had just landed from somewhere else was found not safe to fly, engine problems, so they had to find us a new plane from Seattle. After a 3 1/2 hour delay we took off at 2:00 pm for Nashville, 30 minutes after Rye had fallen asleep in her stroller. Not a problem though she was an angel on the plane. I had four players on my flight plus 18 other players from our other teams, so I didn't even see her after take off. We arrived, got bags and went to rent a car to find out Enterprise's car seats were disgusting. The one I was lucky enough to rent was safety recalled by Consumer Reports over 13 years ago. The straps did not adjust so I looked back as we are driving down the freeway to see her climbing out of her car seat. Oh and lets not talk about the stains and crumbs in the car seat. Once we got to the hotel I called our Daddy and he agreed that we needed a different car seat. Off to Target I went and bought a car seat! The hotel was great, the girls played great soccer, so no complaints there. So after the first day things were going great. Rye had constant entertainment from my players, who are so cute with her, and even better she was even sleeping great at the hotel. Then came Saturday night 2 a.m. I woke up with the terrible feeling, rushed to the bathroom and guess what, FOOD POISONING!!! So from 2 until 9 in the morning I was up with that, and lucky for me I have such a great team that they took Rylee into downtown Nashville that day and let me sleep a bit. Rylee got a new cowgirl outfit from the soccer team, and she even got to eat at BB KINGS!! I am so jealous of my 1 1/2 year old daughter who got to eat BB KINGS ribs and I missed out. We got home last night at 12:45 and we are so glad to be home with our Daddy. Nashville looked like an awesome city, and I think I will have to go back there one day! But we are going to rest up for three days and then off to California to visit Grandma and Papa, and our cousins!!!

1 comments:

Erica said...

Rewind of Las Vegas!!! :)