Saturday, June 30, 2012

Rylee is 6

It is two days after my baby girl turned 6, and I am feeling guilty about not having a birthday post up yet.  I have struggled with the idea of her being 6 already, because 6 to me is no longer a little kid, she is now a kid.  We are so blessed as a family to have this sweet angel in our lives.  She is definitely strong willed and stubborn, but that gets her so far in life and I am learning patience with her.  She recently finished Pre-K and is moving into kindergarten this year, and I wish life could slow down.  Rylee is most excited to go the big school and to have school every single day.  

She and Nolan are the best of friends and love playing together and making mischief together.  The two of them love to play games together, babies, legos, the Wii, golf, you name it they always want to be doing it together, and I truly hope she never gets "too cool" for her brother! 

Over the last 6 years we have watched this little angel develop into a beautiful kid, and through it all she has not let one thing slow her down.  I will never forget the day she got her first pair of hearing aids, and the look of excitement and she heard sounds for the first time.  Here is this amazing child who for 4 years couldn't hear, yet adapted to reading lips and figuring things out all on her own.  This Summer she is scheduled to have surgery on her ears and we are hoping it will completely fix her hearing loss, and if not we know she does fantastic with her hearing aids and will be fine if not.  

She is my big helper around the house.  Rylee loves having jobs to do.  Whether it is setting the table, folding laundry, unloading the dishwasher, she loves being able to do things on her own.  She is become even more independent each day, and I am so proud of her but at the same time I want to still do things for her.

We are so proud of the sweet kid that she is, and as she starts a new year in life we are excited to watch her continue to grow!  I sure love this kiddo!!!

 Baby Rylee

 1 Year old

2 Years Old

 3 Years Old

4 Years Old

5 Years Old

6 Years Old

2 comments:

Danny and Lauren's Blog said...

Love her! She is an all- star. Xoxo. Happy birthday to Rylee-girl!!

The Becks said...

Happy bday Rylee! I can't believe she is 6 too! That first pic of her in the NICU with all the monitors on took me back to when my girl was born. Rylee is such a sweetheart and I know she is such a blessing in your lives. Lots of love to you and your family Krissa :)